It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

by Notorious Spinks on 05.01.2011

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

*Last day to enter for the Showers 2 Flowers giveaway.

Currently reading:

Jane Eyre

The Gateway: Discover the Power to Create an Outrageously Prosperous and Happy Life by Robert Sidell

Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls Are Not for Sale, an Activist Finds Her Calling and Heals Herself by Rachel Lloyd

Finished reading:

Three To Get Deadly: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich

What do you think you’ll read next?

Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones

Men and Sex – Power, Pleasure, Pain by C. Mikki

Have a great week and what are you reading?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 17 comments… read them below or add one }

Babydoll May 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

I am currently reading Fifth Born by Zelda Lockhart. I just finished Powder Necklace by Nana Ekua Brew Hammond, and will read Harlem Redux by Persia Walker next. Happy Reading!

Laura Ashlee May 2, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I just read Jane Eyre and loved it! It’s such an amazing romance.

Dollycas May 2, 2011 at 11:12 am

I hope you are loving Janet Evanovich. The early books were truly the best, my husband thought I was nuts when he caught me laughing out loud at those books. I don’t know if a movie will really do them justtice.

Laurel-Rain Snow May 2, 2011 at 7:45 am

Wow, great -looking books! And the Stephanie Plum is one that I haven’t read yet….

Here’s MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Sheila (Bookjourney) May 2, 2011 at 6:51 am

You are reading Jane Eyre…. I am going to try again soon. She and I just do not seem to get along…LOL

I rented an old Jane Eyre movie from the library this weekend… I thought if I seen the movie maybe it would help me with the book.

Ellie May 2, 2011 at 4:29 am

If you like quirky reads, I’d recommend The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde after you’ve finished Jane Eyre 🙂

Jan von Harz May 2, 2011 at 3:42 am

Oh Jane Eyre is one of my all time favs. It really is a book I need to reread again. Right now I am reading a retelling of it by April Lindner and really loving it. Have a wonderful week!

Pussreboots May 1, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Last week was all about finishing textbooks and relaxing with manga. Come see what I read.

Julie @ Knitting and Sundries May 1, 2011 at 10:22 pm

LOVED Jane Eyre! Girls Like Us definitely sounds like my kind of read, too! Enjoy!

JP May 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I plan to read Jane Eyre this summer (a shame I haven’t read it before)! I hope you are enjoying it 🙂

Samita @ Book Purring May 1, 2011 at 9:18 pm

OMG I read Jane Eyre like two months ago (for the movie) and loved it! I hope you like it too 🙂

My what are you reading post

Jennifer May 1, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I adore Jane Eyre and hope you do as well. Have a wonderful week reading and enjoy your reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-37.html

Literary Marie May 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm

How is Jane Eyre so far?

Have a great week, Spinks.

Notorious Spinks May 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm

It’s good girl! I need to get back on it. These storms we’ve been having back to back have me so behind in everything! I’m about to go and make this strawberry spinach salad to accompany my Janet Jackson review this week. 🙂 Enjoy your week too!

Literary Marie May 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Strawberry spinach salad looked like a yummy recipe. Looking forward to your review of Ms. Jackson’s book and the food.

Oh, I suppose I’ll answer the three questions.

Currently Reading: Cleaning Nabokov’s House
Just Finished: 13 Little Blue Envelopes
Reading Next: In Between Lies

Reading Has Purpose May 1, 2011 at 8:44 am

Reading – Richest Man in Babylon
Just Finished – For Women Only
Will Read Next – I never know! I may go buy something new on this beautiful day

Notorious Spinks May 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm

You are getting your read on for sure! I hope all is well you way!

Previous post: